Re: Updates to gborg site

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: Re: Updates to gborg site
Date: 2004-06-05 13:57:25
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Robert,
>
>> ISTM there should also be a note about the new projects.postgresql.org
>> infrastructure and we should update the main www page as well, unless
>> there is a reason to hold off on that? Josh, whats the story with the
>> foundries performance issues?
>
> Apparently pgFoundry shares hardware with some hub.org sites that
> regularly get hammered.

Actually, the other way around ... there are two postgresql.org VMs on
that machine (archives and pgfoundry) ... if there is a load spike on the
machine, and I do a ps, I usually see one (or several) of the gforge cron
jobs running in the top 10 ... or the mhonarc stuff on archives ...

Its the same with jupiter ... when load spikes, its usually majordomo
processes that I see in the top 10 ...

I was hoping to pick up our first Dual-AMD about 3 weeks ago, but its been
delayed while we wait for a cheque to arrive ...

----