Re: Last chance -- LinuxWorld -- Speak now or I cancel our booth!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Dror Matalon <dror(at)zapatec(dot)com>, SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Last chance -- LinuxWorld -- Speak now or I cancel our booth!
Date: 2004-06-02 17:07:37
Lists: sfpug

Dror,

> I'll take responsibility for a shift, possibly two. Since I wasn't
> paying attention earlier, can you mention again, what's involved in
> personing :-) the booth.

Hmmm ...
1) sit there in your PostgreSQL t-shirt and smile.
2) answer questions about postgresql
3) sell/give away CDs and T-shirts

LWE-SF is really a "suit" convention these days. That is, the average
attendee is the Assistant Manager of Procurement at a medium-sized
corporation, and not a programmer. Because, though, there are about 10,000
of these Assistant Managers walking the Exhibit Hall, it makes LWE a very
good way to reach businesses in the greater Bay Area.

If you've no experience talking to this kind of crowd, don't worry, I have
lots.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions