SCHEMA's the easy way?

From: Chris Gamache <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SCHEMA's the easy way?
Date: 2004-05-19 16:38:32
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm planning on dipping my toes into the world of schemata. I have tables,
created in the Public schema, that I'd like to move to the new schema:

SELECT * INTO new.tablename FROM public.tablename;
CREATE SEQUENCE ...;
CREATE INDEX ...;
ALTER TABLE ...;
BLAH ...;
BLAH ...;
BLAH ...;
DROP public.tablename;
REPEAT ...;
REPEAT ...;
REPEAT ...;
VOMIT;

Is there an easier, faster, less user-error-prone way around this?