Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

From: Hiroshi Saito <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz
Subject: Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9
Date: 2004-05-04 13:56:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dear Mark and Dave.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> Have you tried a build on 4.9?

I am sorry.
I was not able to touch it recently.:-(
However, the environment could be used only by single-byte
by the reason which is gtk2 and which is referred to as not
carrying out unicode correspondence.

> From: Mark Kirkwood [mailto:markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz]
>
> I managed to build from CVS HEAD today on FreeBSD 4.9
> RELEASE, and encountered a number of things that I thought
> would be worth noting :
>
> Firstly, the versions of key software: gcc 2.95.4, autoconf 2.59

Thank you for more information.:-)
I appreciate better information.
Does server_encoding suit it because use is possible only at SQL_ASCII?

BTW,
In Japan, there is a long-term holiday from the second half the last week to this week.
It is called "Golden Week".

best regards,
Hiroshi Saito