Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date: 2004-04-30 02:51:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc is concerned that folks will not work hard to meet a deadline and
> will slack off if we push thing to July 1.

I don't think I'm so muc worried about that as under-estimating the amount
of time required to finish them ... its not like *that's* never happened
before, and with something as big as some of the features that are in the
works, and with some of the major show-stoppers that the Win32 port has
brought up, I can seriously see '1 month' being drawn out further ...

> Win32 has continued on a steady pace for six months now.

Be honest ... 6 months ago, did you believe the Win32 work would have
taken >6 months? How many of the current issues could you have
anticipated? How many will crop up in the next month?

----