Re: Creation of XPM files for wxWidgets

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creation of XPM files for wxWidgets
Date: 2004-04-28 16:09:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Am Sunday 25 April 2004 19:09 schrieb Andreas Pflug:
> IMHO the current icons are not really first choice, and I'd like to
> reduce the main toolbar size from 32x32 icons to 16x16 either to save
> space (some more opinions about this, guys?).

Good idea (looks more consistent with other applications, I think)

> But we needed something
> colourful quickly, to fill the buttons. If you're goint to present a
> reworked set of better images, I'd like to use them.

My ideas was to try to use the KDE crystal icons to make it fit better on a
KDE desktop. Obviously this is not suitable as a universal replacement, but
if you ever think of allowing icon themes then that would be very cool.
(Additionally one would have to be able to configure the font and the
background color of the widgets. I'm not sure if that is already possible.)
However, compared to the normal KDE desktop, the icons converted to XPM and
built into pgAdmin look very bad because they don't have alpha transparency.
Does wxWidgets allow PNG icons with alpha transparency?

Here is a screenshot: http://www.credativ.com/~pei/pgadmin-snapshot.png