Re: Recover data

From: jseymour(at)LinxNet(dot)com (Jim Seymour)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Recover data
Date: 2004-04-27 21:50:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

eups(at)cefet-al(dot)br wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a problem and I would like somebody help me.
> Well, i have a data base server that was formated, unfortunatelly it wasn't
> made the dump of the postgres, but it was saved the directory of the postgres.
> How can to recover my data, is it possible?

It sounds like what you're saying is that, although you didn't do a
dump, from which you can restore, you do have a copy of the old pgsql
database directory still intact. If so: Just shut down pgsql, point
PGDATA at the old directory (which I would carefully back up, first!)
and re-start pgsql. Providing the server version hasn't changed, all
should be well.

--
Jim Seymour | Spammers sue anti-spammers:
jseymour(at)LinxNet(dot)com | http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php