Re: Order by YYYY MM DD in reverse chrono order trouble

From: <ogjunk-pgjedan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Order by YYYY MM DD in reverse chrono order trouble
Date: 2004-04-22 13:37:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

Hm, doesn't work for me:

me(at)[local] mydb=> select distinct date_part('year', uu.add_date),
date_part('month', uu.add_date), date_part('day',
uu.add_date) from uus inner join ui on uus.user_id=ui.id inner join
uu on ui.id=uu.user_id where uus.subscriber_user_id=1 order by
uu.add_date desc;

ERROR: For SELECT DISTINCT, ORDER BY expressions must appear in target
list

I have this version of PostgreSQL installed: postgresql-7.3.4-3.rhl9

Thanks,
Otis