Help understanding stat tables

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)sermonaudio(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help understanding stat tables
Date: 2004-04-21 15:34:16
Lists: pgsql-performance

I just want to make sure that I am interpreting this data correctly.

From pg_statio_user_tables, I have pulled relname, heap_blks_read,
heap_blks_hit. I get several rows like this:
relname heap_bkls_read heap_blks_hit
clmhdr 8607161 196547165

So this means that I am getting over a 100% cache hit ratio for this table,
right? If not, please help me understand what these numbers mean.

Thanks,

Chris