Re: (Fwd) Problems with my code under linux ??

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Lothar Behrens" <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Problems with my code under linux ??
Date: 2004-04-13 08:27:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Monday 12 April 2004 20:48, Lothar Behrens wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 April 2004 19:58, Lothar Behrens wrote:

> > 2. You are updating something (you don't say what)
>
> I am updating a char column. It does not that, what is intended.
>
> > You are having a problem (you don't say what)
>
> It simply writes an empty char into the database - not my sample text.

Very strange.

> > 3. You are using SuSe
> > You have the latest version of something (you don't say what) from
> > their
> > website
>
> I mean your source code. I have downloaded it from Gborg web site.
> I can compile it and install, but it doesn't work properly.

Do you mean the psql-odbc project:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php
I wasn't aware it was intended for anything other than Windows. What ODBC
manager are you using under SuSe?

> I have figured out, that if I set the windows ODBC configuration
> to debug all things, then it works properly.

Is the problem with a client on Windows/SuSe or both?

> After that, I tried to do the same under linux. No success.
>
> I think, I have a very stange problem in my memory handling or
> something like alignment. The code itself works - as I have seen.
>
> Do you have an ODBC test application that runs under linux and
> windows ?

Your best bet is to turn on logging at the client (odbc) end, and statement
logging at the PostgreSQL end. That usually helps me identify where my
problem is.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd