Postgres Admin - Export Database

From: JinNet Picker <netpicker9(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres Admin - Export Database
Date: 2004-04-13 08:36:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I am trying to take Database backup. I use this
command.

# ./pg_dump -U username -cif filename.sql dbname

Its exporting, but in the Log, its giving like

"LOG: out of file descriptors: Too many open files;
release and retry"

Can anybody tell me what is this? And what i have to
do clear this out??

Thanks.