Using User Defined Type in JDBC code

From: Gunjeet Singh <Gunjeet(dot)Singh(at)eng(dot)sun(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Gunjeet(dot)Singh(at)Sun(dot)COM
Subject: Using User Defined Type in JDBC code
Date: 2004-03-26 00:05:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

Can somone tell me how I can call a pl/pgsql stored function
that returns a user-defined type from the JDBC code ?

What type do you use while registering the out parameter for a function
that returns a user-defined type ?

Please see the type definition and function definition below.
The function gets created successfully but I don't know how to test them
from sql prompt or even more importantly from JDBC code.

create type gs_demotype as (
value1 text,
value2 text,
value3 REFCURSOR );

create function string_n_refcursor()
returns gs_demotype
as '
declare
rval demotype;
rc REFCURSOR;
begin
rval.value1 := ''some string'';
rval.value2 := ''some other string'';
OPEN rc FOR SELECT name,location FROM cities;
rval.value3 := rc;
return rval;
end;
' language 'plpgsql';