From: markw(at)osdl(dot)org
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: linux-kernel(at)vger(dot)kernel(dot)org, linux-lvm(at)redhat(dot)com, osdldbt-general(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net
Date: 2004-02-23 17:42:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

http://developer.osdl.org/markw/ia64/dbt2/

I have a summary of intial results from our DBT-2 workload with
PostgreSQL 7.4.1 on a 4-way Itanium2 system with 16GB of memory and 56
drives using LVM2 and linux-2.6.3. There's readprofile
and oprofile data, but oprofile is seg faulting when it's trying to
generate the annotated assembly source.

I'm still trying to get a feel for how large of a database I can run
with it, but I wanted to share what I've got so far. It looks like I
have quite a bit of unused system resources, so I probably have to tune
the database and perhaps how I'm driving the load a bit.

Let me know if there are any questions.

--
Mark Wong - - markw(at)osdl(dot)org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation