Re: development questions

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: development questions
Date: 2004-02-16 15:18:56
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, David Costa wrote:

> Hello Dave, Alexey, everyone!
> Just an idea.
>
> If the main issue is time for the www leaders, like you and Marc, would
> it help if someone (me) could make a voluntary donation (in money)
> which can be used to further enhance some parts of the site? This could
> pay your time or Marc's time as if it was a professional assignment.

One of the major "problems" right now isn't so much time as it is
appearance of things being done ... right now, Steve and Elein are working
on bricolage to fix/replace the techdocs site ... Andreas(sp?) is working
on some core backend changes for www to deal with language issues ... and
Dave/I just finished some major overhauls of both the search engine and
the list archives ...

Until Andreas is finished, we are kind of holding off on any major
changes that would make his work that much harder ...

Now, from what I've heard/seen of the work Alexey is working on, I've
heard no negative remarks on it, so once the rest is ready, there should
be no problems with upgrading to it ...

----