experimental Unicode support

From: Jon Willeke <willeke(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: experimental Unicode support
Date: 2004-02-02 23:23:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm attaching a few tweaks to build psqlodbc with Unicode support on
Unix. I changed some code that assumes two-byte SQLWCHAR and I changed
configure.ac and Makefile.am, as necessary.

I tested this with unixODBC 2.2.7 on SuSE Linux 8.2. I built unixODBC
--with-iconv-ucode-enc=UCS-4LE and with SQL_WCHART_CONVERT defined, so that
SQLWCHAR is wchar_t. I have not tested it with UCS-2 / unsigned short.

I also tested this with iODBC 3.51.1, which always uses wchar_t on Unix.

One caveat, if anyone actually plays with this: sqlext.h should include
sqlucode.h, so I haven't patched psqlodbc to do so. The next release of
unixODBC will contain this fix, and I've mentioned it to the iODBC maintainer.

I realize that the demand for Unicode ODBC on Unix for PostgreSQL is pretty
small. Nonetheless, I've learned a few things poking around the code, and
I figured someone might be interested.

Attachment Content-Type Size
psqlodbc-uni.patch.gz application/octet-stream 3.1 KB