postgres timeout.

From: Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres timeout.
Date: 2004-01-28 10:11:09
Lists: pgsql-performance pgsql-sql

Hi all ,

I'm trying to find out if there is a specific setting
to make transactions time out faster in a scenario
where there's an update on a table in a transaction
block, and another update process tries to update
the same column.

It looks like the second process will wait until you
end the transaction block in the first transaction.

I've looked at the deadlock timeout parameter and
other parameters, but I don't think I found what
I'm looking for.

I basically need to be able to let the second process
exit with an error after waiting 5 - 10 seconds.

Please can someone help?

Kind Regards
Stefan