how to "enumerate" rows ?

From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to "enumerate" rows ?
Date: 2004-01-27 00:15:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

I sent this to pgsql-general first but eventually figured this
list is the more appropriate venue for asking for help.

If this happens to be a FAQ item please briefly point me where
to go or what search terms to use in the archive.

--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346