Re: 7.3.5 initdb failure on Irix 6.5.18

From: Craig Ruff <cruff(at)ucar(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.3.5 initdb failure on Irix 6.5.18
Date: 2004-01-16 23:05:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Ok, I have further information on this problem. I believe it is a compiler
problem. PostgreSQL version 7.3.3 is also affected when compiled with the
MIPSpro 7.4.1 compiler, but when compiled with MIPSpro 7.4 it is ok.

Using the gcc compiled version of backend/access/transam/xlog.c, I have
gotten the regression test to work. Next week I'll have to further
nail it down so I can send a bug report to SGI. Just replacing XLogFlush
with the gcc compiled version allows initdb to finish, but the regression
tests shows there are other problems.

So, a note should probably be made in the documentation that for the
moment, MIPSpro 7.4.1 should probably be avoided.