Re: Requirements feedback for jobs.postgresql.org.

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)natserv(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Requirements feedback for jobs.postgresql.org.
Date: 2003-12-18 20:00:29
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> I believe DOC files can have viruses in them. As long as we allow
> attachments this will be an issue. I am not saying you should not
> continue with the exact same plans you have, just that we should
> consider what we want to do for the long term.

Note that right now, on that VM, its not setup, but all incoming and
outgoing email on the main mailing list VM *is* virus checked through
clamav ... there is no reason why I can't enable that on the VM that jobs
is on as well, to help safeguard for this ...

> Although I think it's great you are thinking ahead I don't think we will
> be flooded with postings that categories will be a problem. Of all the
> problems this project could possibly have I really wish someday too many
> postings will be one. I just don't think it will happen any time soon. I
> wish/hope I am wrong on that though. :-)

Falls under: rather have it planned for, then have to try and implement it
later ... included from the onset creates no problems, trying to add it in
later could be a nightmare ...

----