Installing on Red Hat 9?

From: Paul Linehan <plinehan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing on Red Hat 9?
Date: 2003-10-18 23:12:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Linux and totally new to
PostgreSQL, so bear with me please.

I have just installed Red Hat 9, which went fine.

I then wanted to install PostgreSQL, so I decided to
go with the one on the Linux distro.

If I do ps -All | grep postmaster, I get

--
0 S 26 2208 1 0 75 0 - 2392 schedu ?
00:00:00 postmaster

So, I figure that the postgreSQL server is running.

Then, I type (as myself as a user - Paul).

rpm -ivh pgadmin3-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm

But, I have no idea how to start up the admin tool,
or what other steps that I should take to get a
couple of databases up and running so that I can
administer them using the tool.

What do I type and where?

TIA.

Paul...