IMPORTANT: Upcoming changes in IPs ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: IMPORTANT: Upcoming changes in IPs ...
Date: 2003-10-07 02:10:08
Lists: pgsql-www

We received word late last week that our co-lo facility in Panama is
changing buildings (same block, new building), as well as changing network
uplinks ...

They are anticipating ~6hrs downtime on Saturday to move the hardware to
the new server room, pending that we receive our new IPs on time ... we
will be setting all the domain TTLs low so that by the time the servers
come back up, DNS has timed out and will pick up the new IPs ...

svr1.postgresql.org will be one of the first VMs to be coming up, as its
currently sitting on the database server ... web related VMs will come up
as quickly as we can get the appropriate IPs switched over ... we'll be
spending the rest of this week laying down the framework for switching the
IPs in the various VM config files, so that we have less to do on Saturday

Will send out a note once we have a more definite time, but it will most
likely be around 4pm GMT ...