Re: Foreign key not working in some cases when using triggers

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Martin Edlman <edlman(at)fortech(dot)cz>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Foreign key not working in some cases when using triggers
Date: 2003-09-05 06:13:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Martin Edlman wrote:

> > If possible, can you give a complete example script that shows the
> > problem?
>
> Here it is.

Unfortunately the trigger depends on some other functions that I dind't
have so I replaced those with string constants. I couldn't get it to fail
with a little bit of playing around on my 7.3.4 box, however.

If you set up a new database with the tables and triggers involved, can
you get it to fail with some test data, and if so, can you send a dump of
the new database along with the command you ran to get it to fail?

If you don't get it to fail, it might be worth trying to reindex the index
on zone(name).