Re: Trumpeting 7.4 ... or not?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: greg(at)turnstep(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trumpeting 7.4 ... or not?
Date: 2003-06-20 15:32:30
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Greg,

> As such, I'd like to see a centralized list of places to send the news
> to. Just in case we don't have such a list, let me start one:
>
> Main website
> Advocacy website
> Techdocs website
> Slashdot
> Linux Magazine
> Linux.com
> Newsforge
> Database Journal
> Internetnews.com
> Linux Journal
> itworld.com/itnews.com
>
> There are probably more. Ideally, I'd like to put all this into a database,
> with contact information, track who submitted what and when, what articles
> they ran, etc. I'll whip something up if there is an interest.

I have a list from Linux World Expo 2002 with about 40 press contacts. I also
have a few who should preferably get e-mail direct from me.

However, I feel pretty strongly that we should keep this release to the
online-tech-OSS press, and not bother with the "mainstream" press. For
example, I can't imagine explaining what's in this release to the Seattle
Times.

Also, I have a standing offer from Zapatec.com (which runs on PostgreSQL) to
allow us to set up an online "Zapatec app" that could be a mail-blaster for
press releases. This would be particularly useful for handling press
releases in several languages.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions