Tetra-bytes database / large indexes needs

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-benchmarks(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Tetra-bytes database / large indexes needs
Date: 2003-05-22 08:38:19
Lists: pgsql-benchmarks pgsql-hackers

Dear all,

A friend of mine needs to import and query a very large amount of data, coming
from real-time acquisition systems. The database is growing fast, several
Tetra-bytes a day.

What is the advancement of the community in the field of very large databases?
Could you point out to me some useful information, techdocs, etc...?

Are there working groups, private fundings in this precise field?

Also, in Brussels, at FOSDEM, I met a very brilliant Russian student
interested in large indexing technologies. Could he possibly contact me?

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE