Re: Meeting in May, June?

From: Keith Keller <kkeller-postgres(at)wombat(dot)san-francisco(dot)ca(dot)us>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Meeting in May, June?
Date: 2003-05-01 05:09:28
Lists: sfpug

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 02:30:43PM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 01:32:46PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
> > I'm familiar with the Four Seas. But since SF-PUG has never turned
> > out more than 9 people at a meeting, their banquet room would seem a
> > bit excesive ....

I'm not sure they mind, unless it's a weekend night. I've been at
BALUG meetings with fewer than 20, and their downstairs dining
room was almost as empty.

> I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket here, but Four Seas' "food"
> can produce about a millitorr of vacuum.

As Josh points out, they deliberately serve gwailo food (and
usually the worst dishes--orange chicken, sweet and sour pork,
and all sweetened up for the americans), but I've eaten their
chinese dishes, and they're fine.

Unfortunately for me, it won't matter, since I'll miss May anyway. :(

--keith

--
kkeller(at)speakeasy(dot)net
alt.os.linux.slackware FAQ: http://wombat.san-francisco.ca.us/cgi-bin/fom