Re: COBOL Micro Focus Application accessing Postgresql

From: "Wayne Armstrong" <wdarmst(at)bacchus(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COBOL Micro Focus Application accessing Postgresql
Date: 2003-04-01 22:34:23
Lists: pgsql-general

** Reply to message from Dragan Matic <gekko(at)eunet(dot)yu> on Tue, 01 Apr 2003
21:29:48 +0000
Hmm,
We've just been through the exercise of converting from mf and ibm cobol to
Fujitsu cobol. We run it against db2 and postgres on linux (we use cobol only
on the backend :). Works just fine, compiles to executable, and there ar no
runtime fees.(the compiler is comparatively inexpensive also). While the cobol
is using odbc to talk to the database, at the code level - it still looks like
embeded sql (ie exec sql decalre cursor for .... etc). I recommend it highly if
you are looking to run cobol on linux.

Regards,
Wayne
http://www.bacchus.com.au