Postgres on cygwin trouble

From: Invisible Phantom <phantom982002(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres on cygwin trouble
Date: 2003-04-01 00:24:58
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi

I use Windows XP, 128 megs of ram, pentium 3 1ghz, 20 GB hard disk.

When i try to run ipc-daemon & its ok but when i run initdb -D /usr/databases/one

it goes fine till it reaches creating configuration files then it says /usr/bin/postgres invalid binary Find EXec failed: ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bash gives me the same problem but when i look w/ windows explorer it is there

my cygwin directory is C:\Cygwin and my default bin directory is /bin (i tried making it go there to but it says /bin/postgres not found ... (i had tried moving postgres to /usr/bin but to no avail. and when i type in /bin/postgres bash runs it but it exits w/ no database postmaster works just fine. i am running the latest cygipc

any ideas ???????

if not the ncould someone tell me how to make a new cygwin install that i can run directly off a cd on any machine w/o interfering w/ my current installation ?

THX

phantom