Re: [pgsql-advocacy] uppercase = lowercase

From: Kevin Brown <kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com>
To: "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] uppercase = lowercase
Date: 2003-03-31 09:10:45
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-advocacy

Justin Clift wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> >Guys,
> >
> >>This is what techdocs.postgresql.org is for.
> >
> >I've been thinking for some time that we need a Postgresql resouce site
> >that's more open to multiple contributors than the current hard-coded HTML
> >of Techdocs. I was planning on experimenting in porting PostNuke to
> >PostgreSQL, but haven't had time.
> >
> >Thoughts, people?
>
> Sure. When Techdocs gets moved to the new Virtual Machine in a month or
> two it'll be a 100% Wiki styled thing. However, it'll have more control
> available than the standard "free for all" Wiki's. i.e. A page creator
> can request for their pages to be editable only by other Techdocs
> members or only by certain selected members, etc. Can create groups of
> users as well and assign access permissions to them, etc.
>
> So, the whole site will be based on a multiple contributor framework.
> The only drawback is that the software doesn't play friendly with
> languages other than English, so it won't be multi-lingual at this
> stage.

What language is it written in?

My understanding is that current versions of Perl (5.8, at least) can
handle Unicode natively now (so strings composed of Unicode characters
are handled properly -- it just does the Right Thing with them), so if
it's written in Perl it should Just Work -- or come close to it.

--
Kevin Brown kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com