Re: Speak Now or be Unsubscribed!

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2003-03-16 04:38:15
Lists: sfpug

> TO ALL LIST MEMBERS:
>
> In order to deal with the spam problem on the list, I will be purging list
> members on FRIDAY, MARCH 21. If you have not posted to the list in the last
> 3 weeks, YOU MUST POST NOW or e-mail me privately. Otherwise, you will be
> unsubscribed from the list.
>
> As a further measure, all new subscriptions have to be cleared by me, and
> access to the "who" command has been restricted.
>
> I know this is somewhat "closing the door after the barn has burned down", but
> I didn;t have admin access to the list for a few weeks.
>
> (In unrelated news, the peace march in SF today was *awsome*)

Wait! This seems like a really dumb idea, no offense. Marc runs the
list servers, right? I think it'd be very easy for him to integrate
bmf into the mail delivery process and solve the problems for everyone
for all of the PostgreSQL lists. One better, Marc uses FreeBSD,
which, oddly enough, earlier today I created a port for. As soon as
the freeze is lifted I'm going to commit the port, but until then,
check out the shar file here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~seanc/bmf.shar

-sc

--