Re: debug a mess

From: Wei Weng <wweng(at)kencast(dot)com>
To: Matthew Vanecek <mevanecek(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: debug a mess
Date: 2003-02-25 20:58:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On 25/02/03 14:29 -0600, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
> It sounds like you've executed a query or command, and have not called
> PQclear(result) on the results. Whenever I've gottten that error, not
> clearing the results has always been the root cause. Make sure result
> is not NULL first, of course...

The entire code from PQconnect until PQfinish goes like this:

pgconn = PQconnect(init_string);

res = PQexec(pgconn, my_query);

if (res == NULL)
quit;

switch( PQresultStatus(res) )
{
case ... goto _end;
case ... goto _end;
default ... goto _end;
}

PQclear(res);
res = NULL;

_end:
if (res)
PQclear(res);

PQfinish(pgconn);

This is pretty much the skeleton of the code, as you can see, I treat res
pretty carefully, PQclear it whenever necessary.

Thanks

Wei