perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?

From: Adam Haberlach <adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?
Date: 2003-02-25 18:46:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I've got
a question and potential issue.

We've got a system consisting of several daemons written
in perl and a web interface, and we are having issues with
the nightly vacuums not doing anything. It seems that this
is happening because there is always a transaction held open
by the libraries.

It seems that the implementation is for the libs to
do a BEGIN on connect and after every transaction -- is
this normal. Is there a way to keep it from causing
problems with vaccuums?

If this isn't the right place, or if anyone knows a
better place to ask this, let me know...

--
Adam Haberlach | "Because manholes are round."
adam(at)mediariffic(dot)com |