Re: Only fails when logging is off

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Fred Parkinson <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Only fails when logging is off
Date: 2003-02-20 20:34:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- Fred Parkinson <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov> wrote:
> Here is a problem that disappears when logging is
> on:

What version of PostgreSQL is this?

> 2. ERROR: Unable to identify an operator "=" for
> types "boolean" and "integer"
> You will have to retype this query using an
> explicit cast (#7)

Sounds like an old problem. Try running the following
code in in PostgreSQL:

CREATE FUNCTION MsAccessBool (bool, int4) RETURNS BOOL
AS '
BEGIN
IF $1 ISNULL THEN
RETURN NULL;
END IF;

IF $1 IS TRUE THEN
IF $2 <> 0 THEN
RETURN TRUE;
END IF;
ELSE
IF $2 = 0 THEN
RETURN TRUE;
END IF;
END IF;
RETURN FALSE;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE OPERATOR = (
LEFTARG = BOOL,
RIGHTARG = INT4,
PROCEDURE = MsAccessBool,
COMMUTATOR = '=',
NEGATOR = '<>',
RESTRICT = EQSEL,
JOIN = EQJOINSEL
);

If this doesn't help you, please post your ODBC driver
settings. I assume these are boolean fields in
PostgreSQL: they should show as "yes/no" in Access.
If they do not, try relinking your tables after
running the above code.