Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: "S(dot) L(dot)" <s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net>
Cc: Andrew Klimov <and_k_98(at)yahoo(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...
Date: 2003-01-16 13:00:22
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

SLao,

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 04:31:06AM -0500, S. L. wrote:
> The lack of tcl/tk autoconf (which includes the presence of
> non-standard paths in tclConfig.sh/tkConfig.sh) for cygwin, leads to
> wrong Makefile/Makefile.tcldefs for pltcl.

Nevertheless, PostgreSQL's autoconf does a very good job of getting
things right for Cygwin with the exception of the need to configure
--with-tclconfig. Essentially all of my patch deals with supplying
missing libraries and the DLLIMPORT name clash problem. Note that I am
just supplying libraries that were already determined by the autoconf
process.

BTW, what is "Makefile/Makefile.tcldefs"?

> I usually managed to bypass this by manually running gcc linking line
> and completing the missing parts.

The need for the above has been obviated by my patch. IMO, it makes
more sense to polish my patch and get it accepted, than run manual links
over and over again. Now that Cygwin has upgraded to a more modern
Tcl/Tk, shouldn't we take advantage of this?

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6