Re: [GENERAL] www.postgresql.org

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Hadley Willan <hadley(dot)willan(at)deeperdesign(dot)co(dot)nz>, Philip Hallstrom <philip(at)adhesivemedia(dot)com>, Medi Montaseri <medi(dot)montaseri(at)intransa(dot)com>, Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] www.postgresql.org
Date: 2003-01-06 21:41:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Bruce Momjian did solicit for hosting donations over a year ago, before
> we had the ads. As far as I know, I was the only person to donate. So
> please don't be hasty to dispose other people's property.

Actually, Bruce always steps up to the plate as well ...

We had setup the whole PgMerchandise stuff as a means to provide ppl with
an easy mechanism to support, as well as advertise to, PostgreSQL ... but
ppl only need sooooo many t-shirts :) So that avenue of offsetting costs
has been kinda dry the past few months ...

We're currently in the process of setting up shop in a co-lo, vs dedicated
server ... we pay for/own the server itself, and only pay for the "space"
... if all goes well, and growth continues (or picks up) on the hosting
side such that the postgresql servers aren't >50% of our bandwidth, then
we'll most likely be able to drop off the banners :)

Trust me ... we are working on it ...