Re: Zend survey result about dbms...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: newsy(at)lewczuk(dot)com
Cc: "Lista dyskusyjna pgsql-php" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Lista dyskusyjna pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Zend survey result about dbms...
Date: 2003-09-19 15:18:27
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-php

"Marek Lewczuk" <newsy(at)lewczuk(dot)com> writes:
> Look at this:
> http://www.zend.com/images/survey/14.gif
> I belive that there is only one reason why most of people are using
> MySQL - it has native, very easy to install version for windows.

No, that survey is specific to people using PHP, and the reason for the
skew is that PHP (used to) ship with built-in support for MySQL --- and
no other database. I don't think you can draw any conclusions about
which OS they are running on.

Now that MySQL AB has put a stake through the heart of that connection
by GPL'ing their client libraries, we might start to get a little better
traction with PHP users...