alter user problem

From: postgresql <postgresql(at)db(dot)pku(dot)edu(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: alter user problem
Date: 2002-12-20 02:01:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all
I have install Postgresql 7.3 with user name EDU.
then I enter the psql to change the password for EDU using "alter user EDU with password 'aaaa''
it returns " user EDU do not exist".
I check the system table pg_user, and the user 'EDU' actually exists.
But if I take the following SQL, it works
"create user TEST'
"Alter user TEST with password 'dddd';
I check the pg_user again, and find the user "TEST' is replace by 'test'.
So I have a question:
How I change the password for the initial user "EDU", or is it a bug for postgresql 7.3?
Great thanks for any message
Josh.