Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
Date: 2002-12-18 19:33:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> > > Maybe we should? The more publicity the better etc...
> >
> > The problem is that there is nothing to announce ... "Hi, we fixed some
> > bugs"? :) minor releases don't have any features added to them, so isn't
> > really news worthy ... :(
> >

> I think changing major version of libpq is an important thing to be
> mentioned.

It is mentioned in the release notes text:

Migration to version 7.3.1

A dump/restore is *not* required for those running 7.3. However, it
should be noted that the main PostgreSQL interface library, libpq, has
a new major version number for this release, which may require
recompilation of client code in certain cases.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us