List of bugs

From: ILIR GASHI <shmeki_ig(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: List of bugs
Date: 2002-12-04 15:15:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

My name is Ilir Gashi and I am a final year student at
City University, London, UK. I am doing the final year
project, titled "Failure diversity between PostgreSQL
and Interbase", which is part of an ongoing reserach
at the University the aim of which is to test if there
is a gain in reliability, performance and
fault-tolerance from employing multiple diverse SQL
servers. For my part of the project a list of known
bugs which cause a failure of PostgreSQL will be run
on the Interbase server to test whether a coincident
failure also occurs in this server. And vice versa, a
list of known bugs of Interbase will be run on
PostgreSQL so that coincidence of failures can be
tested. The results of these tests will be collected
and summarized so that a valid conclusion can be drawn
on whether there is a gain in reliability from
employing PostgreSQL and Interbase together in a
fault-tolerant SQL server.
In order to do the project I need a list of bugs for
one of the versions of PostgreSQL. I already obtained
the list of known bugs for the Interbase 6.0 from the
Firebird website.

My question is do you maintain a list of known bugs
with the detailed descriptions of the causes of the
bug. I would be grateful if you could send me the list
of known bugs for versions 7.2 and 7.3.

Sorry for the long email, and thank you in advance,

Ilir Gashi