RC1 Packaged for Testing ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: freebsd-databases(at)freebsd(dot)org, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RC1 Packaged for Testing ...
Date: 2002-11-18 13:43:16
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

Morning all ...

On Saturday this weekend, we packaged up PostgreSQL v7.3rc1 for testing
... this represents the first version that we believe to be ready for a
production environment ... all critical and known bugs have been worked
out of it, and we're in the final testing stages before the full release
is made.

At this point, we need as many ppl as possible to try and break it, so
that when we do release, its as solid as we can possibly make it.

Baring any critical bugs from RC1, an RC2 will most likely be made over
the coming weekend, to work in any minor tweaks for any of the various
platforms, and to finish off any document changes.

If all goes well, v7.3 will be released by December 1st.

Downloads are available at all mirrors, or the main site:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/beta

Bugs should be reported to pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

Thanks ...