Conference, training

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Conference, training
Date: 2002-09-24 01:59:07
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

I am working on two things for February, 2003.

First, the FOSDEM conference will be held February 8-9, 2003 in
Brussels, Belgium. I will be speaking at the conference and we will
have a PostgreSQL room at the show. I will try to organize a list of
PostgreSQL speakers so we can have a real "must-visit" show for
PostgreSQL users in Europe. I will be making more announcements once
the webs sites are up. Here is last years site:

http://www.fosdem.org/

Second, I have been in contact with a group that wants to offer
PostgreSQL training in Atlanta. I have agreed to present 4 & 1/2 days
of training in Atlanta in February. It will be at the Big Nerd Ranch:

http://www.bignerdranch.com/

I will have more information on this once it is available.

One of the reasons I am excited about these two events is that I saw how
powerful the last O'Reilly conference was. We had so many PostgreSQL
people, and they got so much out of the conference. They get
information from the mailing lists too, but it is different when
everyone is in the same room and you can get to know one another. I am
hoping these other events, one in Brussels, and the other in Atlanta,
will be similarly valuable.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us