Bug #739: Large objects documentation

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #739: Large objects documentation
Date: 2002-08-15 12:25:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Peter A. Lebedev (plebedev(at)vniief(dot)ru) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Large objects documentation

Long Description
It seems to be the omission in Programmers Guide about large objects.
I've lost a lot of time trying to understand why large object is created successfully but lo_open returned with error "cann't lo_lseek on invalid descriptor 0". I've investigated source code in libpq interface and was very confused when read comment that valid descriptor have value equals or greater then 0...

In Programmers Guide I've read all about these functions, but there was nothing about to use BEGIN WORK and COMMIT while working with such functions...

It seems good to me if libpq will report on necessity of such "brackets" for lo_* function or/and special highlight on this topic in documentations.

--
Pete.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report