From: <steven_pannel(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2002-08-05 21:51:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Just a quick, silly question about something that has
been driving me insane for the past 20 minutes: why
does the following generate an error in postgresql
6.5?

create table test2(city varchar(35) NULL );

I am using a program which is supposed to work with
postgresql as a database backend but it generates
queries like that which seem to fail on postgresql
6.5. The error is

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "null"

(NOT NULL instead of NULL works fine btw)

Is this only supposed to work in the newer versions or
is the query just plain wrong in any version of
postgresql?