Re: Patching and installing from source

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Mark McEahern <marklists(at)mceahern(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patching and installing from source
Date: 2002-07-09 20:35:50
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Mark,

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 02:46:10PM -0500, Mark McEahern wrote:
> Are there any pointers/documentation for doing this?

If Cygwin is setup up correctly, then the procedure is the same as under
Linux -- the "dance" referred to below...

> I suppose my next step is to just try doing the configure/make/make install
> dance from cygwin with the normal source.

Yup! But, I would use the already patched (for Cygwin) source that you
can find on the Cygwin mirrors. For example:

http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin/release/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.1-2-src.tar.bz2

Jason