Re: Laptop configuration continued

From: terry <tg5027(at)citlink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Laptop configuration continued
Date: 2002-06-30 04:44:45
Lists: pgsql-novice

IMHO, using cygwin is the cart before the horse. If you truly
want to move to Linux, a better approach would be to quit dual
booting and use Win4Lin under Linux (or possibly VMware, but I
don't know how it works). Under Win4Lin your windoze process has
it's own IP address and therefore exactly duplicates running on a
network as far as administering Postgres goes. All of the M$
development tools I have tried run fine under Win4Lin including
SQL Server Desktop which lets you migrate directly from one to
the other on the same machine using Access linked to each of
them. When problems/questions arise, switch desktops and you're
natively dealing with Postrges again.

--

terry