Re: weird strncmp bug while executing trigger?

From: Anand <anand(at)blandings(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: weird strncmp bug while executing trigger?
Date: 2002-06-27 19:14:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane quoth:
> Anand <anand(at)blandings(dot)com> writes:
> > When I run the select statement given below, the postgres server dies on
> > a SIGSEGV. This is quite annoying.
>
> Hmm ... works for me.
>
> You should check that the plpgsql.so mentioned by the CREATE FUNCTION
> call is the same version of Postgres as your backend. Weird things can
> happen if an out-of-date plpgsql.so gets loaded. I have not seen this
> particular behavior reported before, though, so maybe that's not it.
>
> regards, tom lane

You were right, there was a bad plpgsql.so in the $prefix/lib directory
from a previous installation (i thought i'd cleaned it all out...). So,
I did clean it all out and reinstalled postgresql. So, now there's a new
problem. 7.2.1 seems to install plpgsql.so in $prefix/lib/postgresql
(that and plpython.so). All the others are installed in $prefix/lib. So
here's the output of some commands (in my case $prefix == /bp/vendor)

334 emsworth:plpgsql/src> /bp/vendor/bin/pg_config --pkglibdir
/bp/vendor/lib/postgresql
335 emsworth:plpgsql/src> /bp/vendor/bin/pg_config --libdir
/bp/vendor/lib
336 emsworth:plpgsql/src> /bp/vendor/bin/pg_config --version
PostgreSQL 7.2.1
337 emsworth:plpgsql/src> /bp/vendor/bin/postmaster --version
postmaster (PostgreSQL) 7.2.1

Now when I try that select statement, I get:
ERROR: stat failed on file '/bp/vendor/lib/plpgsql.so': No such file or directory

Any ideas what might be wrong?
Thanks a lot.
Anand
--