Re: Expect and scripting.

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Eric Naujock <naujocke(at)abacusii(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Expect and scripting.
Date: 2002-06-24 21:29:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Eric,

> I have all my databases password protected hence a need for doing this for
backup.

> Currently this is what I am doing
>
> spawn /usr/bin/pg_dump -U myusername -b -c -F c -f /backup/databasename_sql
databasename
> expect Password:
> send "the_password\r"
>
> any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

I would suggest instead configureing pg_hba.conf to allow "Trust" access from
the specific user and host that does the backup. This will save you a lot
of trouble.

--
-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533