Re: function delete problems

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>, Postgresql Novice List <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: function delete problems
Date: 2002-06-18 17:54:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Rory,

Warning: You're about to feel really dumb. Don't worry, it's happened to me,
too.

> I cannot remove them using the drop function <name> command.
>
> obf=> drop function trgpeoplehidden;
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ";"

That's
DROP FUNCTION trgpeoplehidden();
the parens are mandatory.

You also need to drop the trigger, manually ... dropping the function does not
automatically drop the trigger, though it does break the trigger.

--
-Josh Berkus