GSSAPI/Kerberos

From: Phil Dodderidge <jspoon02(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GSSAPI/Kerberos
Date: 2002-04-29 14:09:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Has anyone considered adding support for GSSAPI
authentication/communication? The Java SDK version
1.4 adds support for GSSAPI and it would be nice to
use it with the JDBC driver to provide Kerberos
authentication and secure communication.

I played with the code and got authentication working
with the MIT GSSAPI library in auth.c (much like the
Kerberos V5 code) and the org.ietf.jgss package in the
JDBC driver. I haven't looked at what it would take
to add the per message verification/encryption stuff.
I couldn't figure out from the mail list archives what
the plan and timeline is for the JDBC driver to
compile with JDK 1.4 but this change couldn't be added
until that problem get resolved.

Any thoughts?

Phil