Re: regression tests for ALTER TABLE ... DEFAULT

From: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: regression tests for ALTER TABLE ... DEFAULT
Date: 2002-04-24 03:44:00
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:34:59 -0400 (EDT)
"Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> Neil Conway writes:
>
> > The attached patch adds regression tests for setting and removing
> > default values using ALTER TABLE, on both views and tables.
>
> Regression tests tend to be more useful if they are added to the list of
> tests to run during 'make check'.

I'm not sure what you mean -- my patch just adds some new SQL to the
existing regression test for ALTER TABLE, it doesn't add any new
tests. Can you elaborate on what else needs to be done?

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)rogers(dot)com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC