Re: libpq++: trouble getting "copy table from" to work...

From: jtv <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Carlos Moreno <moreno(at)mochima(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq++: trouble getting "copy table from" to work...
Date: 2002-04-04 16:54:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 04:24:41AM -0500, Carlos Moreno wrote:

> Hmmm... I've been *very* tempted to check out this library,
> but have been too busy with a project that is already using
> libpq++ (not that it is excessively long, but still, changing
> everything scares me, mainly because I'm already overflowed
> with the tasks that were due yesterday! :-( )

One thing I guess it depends on is the C++ "dialect" you're using. If
you're using C++ as the proverbial "a better C," then libpqxx is not
for you. But if the existing code deals with and uses exceptions and
such, libpqxx should make your life a lot easier. No more checking
for errors in return values, no more manual conversion of fields to
integers, no more GetValue().

Perhaps (when I've got time--the weather's too good now!) I should
put together some examples of converting code from libpq++ to libpqxx.

> BTW, I didn't find any links to the documentation from the
> link you gave me... I recall you mentioning some docs that
> were available. Could you send me a pointer to it?

They're in the archive. I'll put them up separately as well.

Jeroen